Nǐ hǎo, Kon’nichiwa, Hola, Salut, Jambo, Namaste, Cześć! You may not understand what you just read but that is how the Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, French, Swahili, Indians and Polish say hello. As a frequent business traveler, you’re likely to have experienced numerous situations where couldn’t understand something as simple as a greeting from a local […]
You’re probably reading this post because you have decided to offer your website in several languages. It is commendable that you have realised with a website only in one language, you’re missing out on tons of web traffic, due to the fact that your content is not translated. Research has shown that by adding one […]
In a previous post, I showed you the best WordPress translation plugins you can use to create a multilingual website. I would like to continue with that discussion and talk a little bit more about one of the plugins I told you about, which is WPML.
According to Wikipedia Translation Memory (TM) is “a database that stores segments, which can be sentences, paragraphs or sentence-like units (headings, titles or elements in a list) that have previously been translated, in order to aid human translators.” For example, when a translator uses TM, a sentence in English once translated to French is saved […]
Translating your website can help you reach a larger customer base. Statics show websites in English get their message through to only 26% of internet users leaving out 74% of the global market which prefers to consume content in their native language. So if you’re still asking why you should have your business website in […]
With companies now able to sell their products and services globally, some of them are using multilingual websites to better reach their customers. As a business owner you might be asking yourself: Do I really need a multilingual website? The answer to that question is: Yes. Having different languages on your website is absolutely necessary […]
So you’ve created a website for your business. That’s great. Whether you’re a small or large business having a presence online can help you grow your brand and generate more revenues. Most businesses start with an English website. After all, English was the founding language of the internet and has dominated the web both in […]
We live in a time where you can sell your products and services anywhere around the globe. Our increasingly digital world makes it possible for someone in Australia to buy a product from a company in the US and have it delivered to their doorstep within a couple of days. Doing this was impossible a […]
Did you know that a multilingual website gives you an edge over your competitors? Having a business or personal blog which is translated into several languages, for example, Chinese, French, Spanish or German means you reach a bigger audience than your business rivals. They probably use only one language, most likely English, meaning they lose […]
Videos are now a very popular marketing tool. A survey done by Wyzowl shows 63% of businesses use video to sell their products and services and consider videos a crucial part of their marketing strategy.